Thursday, January 26, 2012

33 weeks

Size of baby: According to babycenter.com the baby is about the size of a pineapple
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +28 pounds approximately. I seem to be gaining about a pound a week which is what I should be doing at this point.
Maternity Clothes: yup
Gender: BOY!
Movement: Lots of movement and it's getting stronger everyday. Sometimes it feels like he is having a dance party in there.
What I miss: Being able to just move around easily like I use to. Even the smallest things like getting dressed in the morning or getting off the couch is a struggle nowadays.
Sleep: I get up about once every hour to pee but don't seem to have too hard of a time falling back asleep.
Symptoms: this week hasn't been too bad although i feel a little more out of breath lately. that may be contributed to how high i feel that he is sitting.
Cravings: sweets and tea.
Best Moment this week: Having my baby shower last weekend. It really was the best one that i have ever been to and i love my friends.
What I am looking forward to: Hopefully getting the proofs back for my maternity photos and working on my thank you notes for the shower. Also we are having D's 9th b-day party on saturday so i hope to not be too pooped from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment